Based on the Coalition’s public messaging research, we have developed the Good Talk Toolkit to be a resource that supplements your organization’s capacity to build awareness and understanding for advance care planning. The messaging and campaign included here are intended to shift the frame of advance care planning away from end of life and life-sustaining treatment choices towards goals of care, quality of life and shared decision making thus also bringing it into closer alignment with palliative care principles.
Sharing and telling a common message is part of what it takes for a movement to drive meaningful systemic change. We invite you to begin to use the Good Talk Toolkit in your work and share it with others working to ensure that healthcare for everyone is in accordance with their goals, values and preferences at all stages of life and in all steps of their care.
Good Talk Campaign Resources: How to Use the Campaign
We developed a number of resources (posters, flyers, social media graphics and presentation-in-a-box) to help you use The Good Talk campaign in your own organization and community. It is worth noting that the materials depict a range of real people and situations that can be relatable to all members of the public.
To most effectively reach your audiences, below are a series of options for the materials:
- Editable print-ready versions: Add your contact information or logo.
- Non-Editable print-ready versions: Use all campaign materials exactly as they are.
- Twitter and Facebook graphics and posts: Use for social media posts or website.
- The Good Talk logo in multiple file formats
- The Good Talk PowerPoint Presentation resources
To edit the posters and flyers:
- Use Adobe Acrobat Pro. (If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can go to https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat.html to download it or try a free trial.)
- Open the “Editable Version” you wish to edit in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Click on “Edit PDF” and enter brief text and/or your organization’s logo in the EDITABLE AREA). Then click “Save.”
Tips for using the Good Talk campaign resources:
- Use at least three out of the five posters/flyers to make the campaign relatable to more audiences when using the materials in outreach/engagement efforts.
- Promote the campaign in your Facebook and Twitter channels and use the social media graphics/sample posts provided to get started.
- Tag all your posts using the hashtag #ourgoodtalk
The Good Talk Toolkit Guide: Learn about the research behind the Good Talk Messaging and Campaign; insights about members of the public about advance care planning including attitudes, words that backfire, how you can use the toolkit in your organization and sample social media posts.
Non-Editable PostersMultiple images available. All posters can be printed digitally.
Awareness Building Posters: Posters can be used as they are to build awareness by displaying around your organization and/or using at events.
Audience Participation and Engagement Posters: Multiple images available. Posters be used at group or information sessions with members of the public to illustrate examples of how to think about advance care planning beyond the life-sustaining treatment mental default.
Editable PostersMultiple images available. All posters can be printed digitally and can be customized by adding your organization’s logo and/or contact information in the editable area using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Social Media GraphicsTwitter and Facebook graphics for use in your social media channels. Multiple images available.
PowerPoint Presentation ResourcesAn adaptable PowerPoint presentation that can be used to engage with members of your organization and/or the public.
Good Days Good Talk LogoThe Good Days Good Talk logo usage guidelines and various file formats that can be used on your organization’s materials, website, etc.