Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plan is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing innovative, high-quality health care coverage across the life span regardless of age or circumstance. That includes making sure that members have access to care in accordance with their wishes. Examples of this include:
- Schwartz Center Rounds: We were the first local health plan to initiate these rounds to allow clinical staff to reflect on their relationships with members.
- The Conversation Project/Honoring Choices Massachusetts: We offer The Conversation Project workshops and promote Honoring Choices Massachusetts resources to our employees. We also train our care managers to have these important discussions with members and their families/caregivers using The Conversation Project starter kit.
- Our Employees: Working with Fidelity Investments, we’ve provided counseling on estate planning that is in accordance with a person’s end-of-life goals and also host lunch and learn sessions and provide information for employees on National Health Care Decisions Day.
- Our Provider Network: We work closely with our provider partners on this issue, including regular meetings and discussions with oncology and palliative care doctors. We also pay providers in our network to have these important discussions with their patients.
- More Services at Home: In 2016, we removed the homebound requirement for palliative care services for many of our members. This means more of our members can receive the care they need in the comfort of their own homes.
Contact us to connect with this member.