NorthStar Health Navigation
NorthStar Health Navigation is dedicated to advocating for and empowering clients experiencing routine or complex medical diagnoses. Amy Patterson, MMS, PA-C holds a master's degree in medical science from Emory University Physician Assistant Program and embarked on her career in 1997 as a healthcare provider in Internal Medicine in Decatur, Georgia.
With a patient-centered, professional approach, Amy strives to improve health outcomes by helping clients make informed health decisions. As a medical health navigator, she advocates for clients by helping obtain, process, and understand the information needed to map out a well-defined path to purposeful care. Though her client-centered, professional approach, she will help clients to:
- CLARIFY - diagnoses and interpret laboratory/diagnostic tests
- REVIEW - medical history and medications to be sure there are no conflicts
- RESEARCH - diagnoses, treatment options, clinical trials and second opinions
- ADVOCATE - for patients to understand their diagnosis and treatment options
- RECOMMEND - alternative therapies or modalities, if applicable
Amy's skill set is ideal for assisting clients and their family as they try to comprehend and plan their care. She prioritizes their healthcare needs beginning with these key elements:
- Brief complimentary intake, usually a 15-20 minute phone call followed by a client agreement
- In-person or virtual meeting and assessment of needs
- Ongoing guidance and collaboration as needed
Contact us to connect with this member.