Hebrew Senior Life
For more than a century, Hebrew SeniorLife (HSL), a Harvard Medical School affiliate, has helped seniors experience and enjoy their best possible life. We achieve this by providing vibrant senior living communities; delivering a comprehensive range of personalized health care services; conducting influential research on aging; and teaching the next generation of geriatric care professionals. As one of the largest nonprofits in Massachusetts, HSL provides a full continuum of services to more than 3,000 seniors a day and impacts many more through its thought leadership.
HSL, an Alliance Partner of the MA Coalition for Serious Illness Care, has committed to 100% participation from its entities in support of the Coalition’s goals. As such, each entity has developed a pilot focused on person-centered efforts aligning the delivery of care with values and preferences for patients, residents, family members and staff.
In 2018, HSL created a series of best practices for the organization through the inventory of its existing tools and the findings from each of its entities’ pilot projects. They include:
- A structure that allows for grassroots efforts with senior leadership support
- The development of tools and programs focused on normalizing the conversation about values and preferences, particularly as it relates to the end of life
- The individualization of work based on what matters most and the associated priorities of each pilot
- The integration of pilot projects into existing HSL practices and programs
- The focus on employees and inclusion in the HSL employee wellness program
Contact us to connect with this member.