Care Dimensions is a non-profit organization and the largest hospice and palliative care provider in Massachusetts, serving more than 1000 patients per day in more than 95 communities in eastern Massachusetts. For more than 40 years, Care Dimensions’ mission has been to enrich the quality of life for those affected by life-limiting illness, death and loss by providing exceptional care, support, education and consultation.
Throughout our work with patients, families and healthcare professionals, we facilitate goals of care conversions, educate about advance directives and actively promote a better understanding of hospice and palliative care so that patients and families can benefit from timely access to care and their goals, values and preferences are made known and respected at all times.
Care Dimensions is dedicated to providing myriad education programs on end-of-life topics and advance directives to the communities we serve, the professionals that care for our patients and families, as well as the next generation of physicians, nurses, social workers and chaplains. This education and outreach includes:
· Webinars and in-person programs on meaningful conversations, advance directives, MOLST, and more than 50 other topics; more than 350 presentations given in 2018, educating over 5,000 professionals
· Videos on how to complete a MOLST and how to start a conversation about hospice and palliative care
· Fellowship rotation and teaching for Harvard Medical School’s Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine fellows; internships for nurses, social workers, chaplains and music therapy students
· Community cable shows on the importance of advance directives, and aspects of hospice and palliative care
· Community programs at local community groups and Councils on Aging including the advance directive presentation “Making Decisions When It Matters Most”; over 150 presentations given in 2018, educating more than 1,700 community members
· Advance planning section on website with links to Honoring Choices and The Conversation Project materials
· Frequent columns and letter to the editor discussing importance of advance directives, hospice and palliative care
· Sharing articles and resources on social media about advance directives and best practices for end-of-life care
Contact us to connect with this member.