Cape Cod Healthcare
Cape Cod Healthcare’s signature program for advance care planning is the Quality of Life Initiative. The goal of the initiative is to have every competent adult on Cape Cod fill have lifelong conversations and develop a plan for their future with other advance directive tools. Key features include:
- An innovative program design that features a multi-disciplinary approach involving a broad range of people. Participating are doctors, nurses, clergy, emergency medical services, lawyers, and community-based social service organizations, among others.
- Presence beyond the four walls of the hospital. The Quality of Life program extends into the community, which reinforces the idea that advance care planning needs to be integrated into the lives of patients and families.
- Concrete, measurable, and ambitious goals. The goal of the program is to get all adults in the region to name a health care proxy and to talk to them about what matters most before a medical crisis.
- Leadership support. The Quality of Life initiative is strongly supported by Cape Cod Healthcare Leadership and is staffed by dedicated health professionals with the expertise and commitments needed for success.
- WGHB radio aired a feature story with background on the program and its impact on the community.
Contact us to connect with this member.