Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 720,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health’s 32 medical practices, with more than 50 specialties and 825 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. Establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of its patients, Atrius Health enhances their health and enriches their lives. Learn more about Atrius Health at www.atriushealth.org.
The Palliative Care Program at Atrius Health provides specialized medical care for people living with serious illness. The program focuses on providing relief from symptoms and suffering associated with serious illness with a goal to improve the quality of life for both patients and their families. We provide personalized, family-centered support, which is available at any stage of a critical illness.
- Care is provided by a team of palliative care doctors, nurses, social workers, chaplain and others who work together with a patient’s other doctors to provide an extra layer of support
- The Palliative Care Program at Atrius Health will provide appropriate care at any stage in a serious illness, with or without curative treatment
- Medical visits are provided at multiple Atrius Health locations. Home visits are available through our home-based partner, VNA Care
- We collaborate with the patient’s primary care provider and specialists to meet the complex needs that can arise in serious illness. We coordinate care when patients are hospitalized or at a skilled nursing facility, to provide the best continuity of care
- We provide advanced care planning in an effort to assist patients and loved ones in clarifying their goals and priorities, and understanding what to expect from their illness and treatments
Contact us to connect with this member.